FPFS, Managing Director.
Chartered Financial Planner.
When I started in financial services, over 15 years ago, I had a vision that one day I would own and run my own company. A company that puts their clients first and stands on an excellent reputation. I am very proud that Cascade Wealth Management does just that. We have predominately word of mouth referrals from our very happy existing clients which is a testament to the service we provide here.
I enjoy meeting new people and enabling my clients to achieve the financial freedom they are looking for.
You may not already be aware of this, but the people who run and manage an IFA company do not have to have any financial qualifications. We think that our clients deserve the best and as Managing Director I have achieved the highest level of standing in the Industry along with experience of over 15 years.
I am a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS) and a Chartered Financial Planner. My financial qualifications are listed below:
- Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS)
- Chartered Financial Planner
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
- Advanced Financial Planning Certificate
- Diploma in Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Certificate
- Certificate for Financial Advisors
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice
- Certificate in Equity Release
- Certificate in Long Term Care Insurance
- Certificate in Lifetime Mortgage Activities
- Certificate in Financial Administration (Pensions)
- Certificate in Financial Administration (Life)
In the 1990’s the only compulsory exams to be a financial advisor were: –
- Financial Services and their regulation. Paper one of the Financial Planning Certificate. (FPC1)
- Protection, Savings and Investment Products. Paper two of the Financial Planning Certificate. (FPC2)
- Identifying and Satisfying Client’s Needs. Paper three of the Financial Planning Certificate. (FPC3)
All of which I achieved.
I have completed the following optional examinations to enhance both my abilities and to continue to ensure that all my clients receive the best advice for their unique circumstances: –
Advanced Diploma Level
- Pension Planning (AF3)
- Taxation and Trusts. (G10)
- Personal Investment Planning (G20)
- Investment Portfolio Management (G70)
- Holistic Financial Planning (H25)
- Personal Taxation (JO1)
- Pension Income Options (JO5)
- Savings and Investments (SV1)
- Pensions (RO8)
- Introduction to Financial Services and Products. (CeFA1)
- Financial Products. (CeFA2)
- Client assessment and advice. (CeFA3)
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice.(CeMAP)
- Lifetime Mortgage activities. (CF7)
- Long term care insurance. (CF8)
- Pensions simplification (CF9)
- Life office administration (FA1)
- Pensions administration (FA2)
- Group Risk (GR1)
- Home reversion plans (HR1)
Within the Personal Finance Society body which has 32,000 members I was honoured to be nominated and won the 2013 award for their Volunteer of the Year. This was a great honour for me and recognition of the pro-bono work I do at the Citizen Advice Bureaus across South East Wales. I am currently the only Financial Adviser offering professional to help out in this way in Wales. I have done this since 2007 and am very proud to continue doing so.
I live in Cardiff with my wife and 2 children. I am a member of Cardiff Round Table which takes up a large amount of time outside work. Within Round Table Great Britain and Ireland, I served on the National Board as the International Relations Officer for 2 years where I was very fortunate to represent our country at events worldwide. I am currently driven to raising money to build a school in rural Nepal through the freedom for education programme, to help children less fortunate gain access to the precious commodity of an education.
Thank you for taking the time to read more about me. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.